From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 08:33:49 -0700
Hello all!

On May 17th my Nonnie had adreanal surgery in which his left adreanal was
removed.  That Sunday, I was in the emergancy Vet's office concerned with
his lack of apetite as well as stuff seeping through his suchers (sp?).
That "stuff" was tissue syrim.  Monday night he spent at my regular Vet's
to figure out what was wrong with him.  Besides the symptoms I had
previously described, his neck was swollen as if his lympnodes were enlared
(think human with swollen neck glands).  I posted requesting advise, and I
received great advise.

Well, good news.  I just took None's in to have his stitches removed.  Dr.
Pacific gave him the once over and was pleased.  His fur is growing back
(he looks beautiful and at the same time pretty pathetic <lol>), his weight
is at 2 lbs (his weight has neither increased nor decreased, which is good.
he normally weighs circa 2.5 lbs), and Nonnie was very alert.  He got the
green light to return to his normal activities (not certain if this is a
good thing <lol>) and to be reunited with his siblings.

I just put None's in with his four other brothers and sisters.  All were
happy to see one another.  I think the other four were more happy to see
None's than he was to see them...he was checking out the food bowl.
Typical male: b-line to the chow.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Oh, while at the Vet's I mentioned a post I read here about Tilly.  I was
told my Vet's office prefers to keep overnight all animals who undergo
surgery so as to monitor the animal (esp.  if the surgery is abdominal).
My Vet's (there is three at the office) also do not "wrap" an abdominal
surgery.  I was told some Dr.'s do send home pets the same day and do wrap,
but mine do not.  Not only is it a "liability issue" to send home a pet
(ferret or other animal) the same day as surgery, but it's something the
three doctors prefer not to do.

Lise