Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 06:36:04 -0700
Hi Daryl and other fml friends,

There comes a time when you need to set aside legal vs illegal and look
at what is moral and ethical.  The sale of a stuffed ferret is just as
appalling as someone stuffing and selling Felix the cat or Lassie the
dog.  (By the way, is that "legal"?  I honestly don't know...?)

I am not opposed to taxidermy for WILD animals, but we're talking about
a domesticated pet here.  Ebay is located in California and they don't
recognize ferrets as being domesticated.  The response I received from Ebay
pertaining to this item made it sound like that was the reason the ferret
was allowed to be sold.  If this is true, it's even more reason for us to
get them legalized and labeled as domestic animals in CA.

As a consumer, I have every right to contact a company to complain about
their policies.  Simply not shopping there is not going to let them know
what's wrong.  If I see something wrong, I do my best to politely advacate
that it be changed.  I will not be content to be told "this is just the
way it is."

Vicky