From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:59:39 +1000
I would like some opinions on something a vet said to me.

I went along as a visitor to a session a vet was running for students of
animal technology.  I had my ferrets with me, and the vet said that they
don't have as much tone as they should have, and it is because they have
free roam of the house.

Her reasoning was that they would have disturbed sleep patterns, so they
wouldn't get the sleep they need to maintain body tone.  This surprised me
because I would have thought that more opportunity for exercise would have
been good for body tone.

My two are free roam, but they have always had at least one enclosed
box/space/place to sleep in somewhere; actually they migrate to different
sleeping places every few weeks.

So,  any thoughts?

Sandra, Clover and Princess