Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:06:19 -0500
I took Jasmin to the vet today for his shots.  The good news: he has
finally started to lose a little weight!  The bad news: our vet has been
watching the growth on the end of his tail ever since we got him; she
said it looks like it is getting larger now.  I had intended to show it
to her for that very reason - that and the fur is falling off of it in
that spot now, but she noticed it first.  She says at this point it needs
to be removed and sent to a pathologist.  I've never had a ferret need
surgery before; I realize this is pretty minor, but I can't help worrying
a little anyway.  I talked to her about it, but also wanted ya'lls'
opinions.  How safe is the anesthesia for ferrets, and what can cause
(or result from) these tumors or whatever on their tails?

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin