From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:00:15 -0500
Hi Susan,

I was not suggesting that ferrets have canine distemper - I was just
asking if it was ruled out. I am very thankful the vets did check to
rule out distemper. I certainly do know that older and compromised
kids do not fare well with added illness.

Susan I was not able to follow the entire occurrence of your outbreak
as I myself have been in and out of the hospital, but I wanted to make
certain your vets ruled that out. It can get out of hand fast if it is
a CD outbreak.

Chances are the ferrets have the flu and got it from you (or you form
them) that happens a great deal. I am sorry that folks are attacking
you without knowing what is going on. It is certainly very hard on
shelterers who have to care for youngsters when they themselves are not
well. Please do try to get your rest and take your meds, or the little
ones will be without a loving care giver.

This work is not an easy life.. and I send you prayers for strength and
a speedy recovery for you all!

Alicia for the many faces at http://www.ferretwise.org