From:
Debbie Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:03:03 -0500
Hi All, what a week!!!!  I have been doing ferret rescue for 7 plus years
and never ask for a thing.  Please note that I have even helped the dog
shelters when they have had ferrets dumped on them, I have helped for the
sake of the ferrets.

Well guess what, Monday I came home to a redbone coon hound sleeping on my
porch.  He was far from being in "mint condition".  Since then I have made
6 calls in the southern Ohio area and even into Kentucky area.....no one
will take him!  These are people I thought I could count on and the first
time ever I have ask them for help.....I am learning.  My talent is placing
ferrets not dogs.  I have always been there to help with ferrets and so
many of you on the FML are good to help ferrets!  I am glad I am connected
with a group like yourselves!  I believe the dog world may be a whole
different story!  This has been a real "eye-opening experience"!!  I am not
asking for help for this is out of place on the fml but I write this to let
you know that ferret people are a special bunch!!!As I said this has been a
REAL eye opening experience!!

Debbie Scott