From: Randal Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:40:50 -0500
Thanks to whomever posted Petco's number.  Being the curious type, I called
to talk to the Public Relations people there.  A most cordial young lady
informed me that Petco decided early on not to carry the MF # 24 due to the
"offensive nature of the photographs".  However, Petco will be carrying MF
# 25 and future issues.

Of course, I told her of how many people are upset by the loss of even one
issue of Modern Ferret and what articles were lost by Petco's decision to
censor the magazine.  I found it amusing to hear that--even though she
lives in a ferret-free zone--the young lady knew a ferret personally and
thought ferrets were "cool" pets.  Hope that translates to a vote for (and
pressure by Petco) legalization of ferrets in CA.

Randal Carter, Bill (A MEAT grinder?) & Hillary (Dooks & hugs to all
fuzzy-lovers)

***Give someone a fish, they eat for a day.  Teach someone to fish, they
   eat forever.***