From:
belphebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:04:54 -0800
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: UK ferret food companies trying to argue that ferrets are NOT pets
>
>I can see that they want to save money but i sure do not like this
>approach:
>
> http://www.cpifinancial.net/v2/News.aspx?v=1&aid=7211

I had seen this article before, possibly posted here.

I don't think anyone here knows the answer but I'll ask anyway:
wouldn't the same argument apply to dog food as well? Or is dog food
classified as animal feed in the UK and elsewhere? There are many
working dogs around the world, just as there are many pet dogs. If
ferrets should be reclassified because of some working ferrets, then
dogs should as well.

It's an interesting question, but I don't think they'll change the
rules. Even if they do, I don't think it will affect pets in North
America, but you never know.

Inez