From:
Jennifer Casavant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:46:46 -0400
Hi everyone,

I am a lurker by nature, but figured now is about as good a time as any to
add my two cents.

To Bob C- great post.  I think a national organization is a wonderful idea
that I will support in any way that I can.  You said a primary job of such
an organization would be to combat ferret free zones, which I agree, but
areas where ferrets are "legal" could also use some updates.  I moved from
Rhode Island to Colorado about ten months ago (and I'm assuming nothing has
changed since then), but in RI, ferrets are legal to own, but illegal to buy
or sell, you must get a permit to own them, and you can *not* have them if
there are children in the house under the age of 2.  You also said
(regarding Kodo) that "there is probably a hidden agenda in which ferrets
are perceived as dangerous animals..." Well, I don't know about Michigan,
but on my RI permit it stated that the ferrets "must be kept under control
at all times".  Seems like RI might think along those lines.  This is just
my example of a state where ferrets are legal that I think could benefit
from such a national organization.

Also, (Sorry I forgot who asked) about travelling with the ferrets, mine
slept most of the time (total of four days on the road) without any
tranquilizers.  I think the hum of the truck just lulled them to sleep!
Also, heed the advice about the water bottle (don't use one), I learned the
hard way-everything got soaked!  :-)

And finally, Tony Mastropolo- you are not alone.  I had the exact same
thoughts about Kodo.  The state has seemed to ignore most of the facts to
this point, who's to say they wouldn't lie about the results of the rabies
test?

Kodo, hang in there, we're pulling for you!!

Jenn Casavant and the crew