From:
Laura Spearman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:04:53 -0700
I don't know how this could be true.  My worst fears are surrounding me
and my life has changed.  I never thought that a ferret could impact my
life in such a profound way.

Bailey came into our lives because of the tragedy of my very first
ferret, Caleb.  We lost Caleb, actually he got out of the house and we
never saw him again.  So, my husband, Jordan, (who was never a big ferret
person) went out and got a baby albino ferret and named him Bailey for
me.  I was happy again.

Bailey grew into the sweetest and most beautiful ferret you could ever
imagine.  He had the brightest red eyes, long off-white fur, beautiful
pink toes and the personality to match.  He made friends with anyone he
ever met.  He bonded closely not only with another one of my ferrets,
Jake, but also with me.  He even became best friends with our puppy,
Molly.  I could really tell that he had a hard time when Molly passed
away.  They use to go to the park together and play chase and tag and
just roll around in the grass together.  Such great friends.

Bailey was not my pet, was not my "animal", he was not even mine - he was
just my friend.  I took care of him and he took care of me.  He helped
me through the hard time of coming to terms with Caleb being gone.  He
helped me see that everyday there was something new to explore, a good
reason to get up and that walking anywhere was just no good.  Walking
takes too long - according to Bay you had to hop everywhere.  It's the
fastest way to get where you're going.

I'm not going to get into what took Bailey away from me because that is
not what I want to remember.  That is not what is important.  What is
important is that he was not just a ferret, but an incredible creature
that I had the pleasure of knowing and sharing my life with.

Bailey and I had a talk right before he left and we both agreed that he
would wait for me, Jordan, and all of his ferret pals that he left
behind.

Sandee, please welcome Bailey and help him find Caleb, Molly, Chickie and
the Benita Gang.  Some of them he has met before, some he has not.  But I
guarantee that he will become their best friend and teach them how to hop
everywhere and how to make the most out of corn starch peanuts.

Rest in peace, my dearest friend.  You deserve a good rest.

-Laura, Jordan, Jake, Elliot, Abby, and Lilly