From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 11:14:43 CST6CDT
Bad Breath - When Willow was a baby I took him to the vet for just this
problem.  After extensive searching the vet found a tiny food particle
wedged between his back teeth.  The offending material was removed and
Willow was on Amoxi for a week.  The bad breath was gone.

ECE - PLEASE folks.  If you purchase a kit that is an ECE carrier, find out
from the pet store WHERE it came from.  We need to alert the breeders!  For
those that have access to the FML, you have a wealth of info at your
fingertips, but others don't and many vets are not aware of ECE.  Contact
the broker and breeder or pass the info on to me and I'll contact them.
Linda Watkins from Glasgow said she had shipped 3000 kits and mine was the
only one that passed ECE and still says she doesn't have it in her herd.
It's obvious that I'm the only one that contacted her, however, I do know of
another case in Topeka that I told her about.  How many ferrets are dying
out there because WE don't stand up for them and ourselves???  Each day I
read on the fml of new outbreaks, how many are there that we don't hear
about?  The numbers have got to be staggering.  I've just gone through the
stress and turmoil of watching 60 ferrets suffer through ECE.  Each day I'd
check to make sure they were still gallantly fighting for their lives, and
when they weren't I had to make them WANT to live.  Believe me, if I had not
been so persistent, several would have curled up and died.  And yes I am
angry.  I'm angry that the breeders are letting this happen and not taking
responsibilities for their actions.  I'm angry about Dayna's little one - an
innocent having to suffer so by the hands of a human(s).  But my anger will
be put to productive use - it makes me work harder for ferrets!  What about
you?

Hugs to all.  tle