Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 15:56:31 EDT
Mini-Me had fleas and ear mites when I got her.  I kept her isolated for
over a month, and had her treated with two shots of Ivermectin, and
another exam to confirm ear mites were all gone.

I have a small zoo at home-and all ferrets apparently have Mini-Me ear
mites despite isolation, proper treatment, and an exam following treatment.
It is going to cost me time and considerable expense to give shots and then
follow up exams for everyone.

I kept noticing black speckled gunk in the ears of all ferrets shortly
after Mini-Me started meeting them.

Will the ear drops be as effective as the shots if I decide to go that
way?  I just found out today that Cheyene -who was bitten by Mini Me in
the face-is loaded with ear mites and eggs.  I have been cleaning gross
stuff out of all ferret ears twice a week.

Mini-Me has bitten me on the nose now, as my lip is healing.  I look like
an old lady who has picked her zits on her nose.  I will look just lovely
for the wedding I am attending.  My face is going to end up looking like
a quilt.

She is horrible and adorable.
I am swollen and crusty.

Lisette