Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 15:06:49 -0500
Hello to all.  I am new to the FML, and I have really enjoyed reading the
postings.  I am not yet a fuzzy owner, but am planning to become so in the
next few months.  My posting is annonymous because I live in that ignorant
state of California.  I had a few questions that I was hoping some of you
could answer.

First of all, I have heard two different stories; one that ferrets and cats
do not get along and that a ferret can kill a cat if it feels challenged.
The other story is that they get along well if introduced correctly, just
like a dog and a cat can.  What have been your experiences with this?

My second question: do ferrets like to look out windows like cats do?  This
is a pertinent question as my fuzzy will be  underground  until our campaign
to legalize them here (and I am participating in that) is successful.  My
husband and I are buying a house in a very animal friendly small community,
so I don't really forsee any problems, but I want to be prepared.  I have
seen ferrets all over Los Angeles, in fact I volunteer at a cat rescue here
and one of our biggest supporters comes in the pet store with his two
fuzzers every Saturday.  I love their little  visits  but it makes me want
one of my own.

Oh, one more question.  As I will likely be getting my little one from
Vegas, does anyone know of a particularly good place to get one from?  I've
never been to Vegas before and haven't a clue as to where to look.

Thanks.