From:
Barbara Ludt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:41:49 -0500
Hi!  BEN here.

I'm in the ICU at UF/Vet School...and I'm still sorta "out of it".  They
have me on painkillers to help keep me comfortable and be able to rest
after all the surgical procedures I had on Friday.

My doctors--Dr. Bennett and Dr. Pye--are very nice.  And I really like
Katrina--who's the Senior Vet Student on my case.  She's from Michigan and
has ferret kids of her own that she misses very much while she's interning
here for three weeks.  So she takes very good care of me.

For the next two weeks I'll have a feeding tube (into my esophagus) so my
mouth can heal.  I make Katrina smile when she feeds me because--when the
sensation of being fed begins--I automatically start moving my mouth like
I'm actually eating food normally.  I heard her tell Mom today that she's
thinks I'm so DARN CUTE when I do that....so I guess I'll let Katrina feed
me for another few days.

It looks like I might be able to come home on Monday or Tuesday.  So I
will try to be real good and rest and think nice thoughts about all my new
Aunties/Uncles and ferrety cousins who have written to my two Moms--Jackie
and Barbara.

I even got a few cards (with cheery music) sent to *ME*!--which my Moms
say they will show and play for me when I get home.  And lots of nice
emails--from hoomans AND fuzzies--sending healing thoughts/prayers and
good wishes.  Thanks everybody!!

And another two new friends have made some cool stuff to auction on EBAY
(Item #248492119 and #248553471 under "Ferret" search) to help pay for some
of my medical bills--what lucky ferrets who will get to snuggle and play in
those special velour hammocks and maze!  Woo-hoo!!

And guess what else?  Another Auntie put my name on two squares in her
office SUPER BOWL POOL for today!  And if I have the winning numbers...I
can have all the $$$ to go towards my surgery.  Yipee!

Well that's all for now...I better go back to sleep now...

I have never felt so loved and cared for in my life---thanks to all my new
friends all over the US...even from as far away as Australia.  WOW!

Lotsa Love.... (LickLickLick***KISS***!!!)

~"BEN"~