From:
darlene w <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2013 06:46:05 -0700
Hello, thought you would to hear my thoughts on the two together.

I have 3 cats and 3 ferrets. 2 of my cats I had before the ferrets want
nothing to do with them, they stay away, now my third I rescued as a
kitten and found that much easier to introduce them, when the kitten
was real small, I would introduce them one at a time and hold the
kitten in one arm and the ferret in the other and I would keep it very
short. I went real slowly and would not let them down together until
the kitten was a little bigger and could defend himself better and kept
them in a small area where I could always grab one if need be. I
strongly believe a Ferret could easily kill a kitten, now an adult cat
I saw, could pretty much hold there own but what would often see them
run away if things got too hairy or rough. I think a young kitten
introduced around 6 to 8 weeks old, and taking it very slowly, tend
to fit in better. From what I've learned and heard from other's
experiences, as my own, introducing 2 different types of animals is
easier when they are young. One kitten I rescued, grew up with my
ferrets and would I would often find her sleeping in the ferret's cage
when it was open for playtime!! Now my dog, who is a Collie, is a whole
other story!! She is terrified of my ferrets!!! She would cry and run
and hide her head under a pillow or cushion!! Yes, she is a special
doggie!! LOL!!! But I would NEVER leave her alone with them or access
to each other, she is medium sized and much bigger, but in fear or
play, you never know what could happen!! Oh my!! Sorry for the book!!
LOL!! But I just wanted to share my experience, please let me know what
you decide, good luck and if you need any pointers, please feel free
to contact me!!! They are a joy to watch together!!!

Darlene & Addie & Booboo & Gracie (RIP) & Odie