From:
Stillkicn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:42:29 EDT
Well today started off good until I read my e-mail. In it was the FML and
another e-mail including a nasty rumor that Dr. Bruce Williams has quite
reading the FML (I hope this is just a rumor) because it has become "to
partisan and boring"  Don't tell me all of this bickering has driven away
one of the most valuable sorces we have ever had.  If this rumor is true
what are we doing to ourselves?  The only ones being hurt by this loss of
important and valuable information are the ferrets.  The ones being flamed
will get over it, the ones doing the flaming will calm down, and the end
result is no help for the furkids.  Please everyone even if it is just for
the love of the ferrets.  Lets start pulling together instead of apart.
If we keep it up this might as well become the skunk list because all the
knowledgable ferret people will be gone.

J.D. and the Ferret Patrol
J.D.-help I need somebody, not just anybody
Pogo-please dad not another vet
Smokey joe-what is a poor ferret to do
Boris-even I need help once in awhile
Sabrina-dad, what if I get sick?
Nerfette-I'm so little who will watch after me
Butterbutt-is this like social security?

[Moderator's note: One thing I accepted a long time ago is that it's
impossible to please everyone on the list.  What's boring to one is
advanced for another.  What's a "flame" to some is a debate for others.
Even people's sensitivities vary greatly -- some are not in the least
offended by something which drives someone else off the list.

As much as possible I listen to (and deeply appreciate) people's suggestions
which help to "steer" the list, but certainly the direction the list takes
doesn't please everyone.

Whether or not Dr. Williams still reads the FML (and I don't know if he
does) isn't the point.  If he has the time and the inclination to be
involved with things like the FML, we're glad to have him.  If his life is
such that he has other priorities, then we have to accept that too.  The
same is true of any subscriber.

Let's not forget the tens of thousands of people and ferrets who have been
helped by the FML and build upon that, rather than focusing on the possible
negatives.  BIG]