From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:56:21 -0400
Opus surgery update:

Big big thanks to so many of you who have cared so much, written, and
helped.  It's working !!

The first signs of progress are apparent Sat afternoon, and Opus is doing
his part, fighting bravely.  He is more alert, drinks on his own, and has
not returned any food in the past several feedings.

e's still a long way to go, and I am sticking with it, I've gotten the
strength to do so from many of you, and a extra whole lot from a special
jill.

Thanks, Bob