From:
Laurie Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 16:49:00 EST
Hi all, Tinkers doctor passed an endoscope through his esophagus, down to
his stomach and found a lesion on the esophagus, that had an area of
redness, and she took a biopsy of it,(it was yellow and gloppy stuff that
consisted of hair and other garbage).

Now we know why he has been vomiting up food and foam.  They are hoping that
after a day or two it will be less irratated so he can resume the liquid
diet that I had him on before going to the hospital, and if that stays down,
I can bring him home, feed him the liquid diet for a few weeks, and then try
him on regular food again.

I would like to start to prepare myself for this by getting any ideas on
better food/supplements to give him for his liquid diet, but I also need
some help on figuring out how to feed him his new diet without being home
every 3 hours.  I go to the local college which isn't far(15min), but I have
classes from 8a.m.  to 1:15 p.m.  Mon, Wed, & Fri, I have one break from 9
to 10 a.m.  If I leave the mixture in their cage my other monster will eat
it(he loves it!) and I'm not sure that Tinker will eat it without being
finger fed.(we will work on that for sure!)

Any ideas that anyone has will be appreciated.  Also, if anyone's fuzzy has
had the lesion problem on the esophogus, please let me know how you coped
with it, etc., or if any of the great Vets here have any advice, I sure
would appreciate hearing your thoughts/experience with this.  Everyone has
been so helpful to us in our time of need, and I am very grateful that I
have found the FML and the wonderful people on it.

other boy, Koty, has become more tolerant of being held and cuddled since
Tinker has been away, he usually can't stand being held, so I'm sure he
knows that I need his closeness.  I sure sense his sadness too, he comes out
of his little home to run around, finds nothing to do, and goes back up to
his lonely hammock and just stares at the wall.  He misses big brother.  I
brought some snow in yesterday and he was the happiest ferret ever!  I wish
I could find more things to cheer him up.  Me crawling on the floor with him
just isn't cutting it, I think he knows I'm not a ferret!  Darn!

Laurie, Tinker & Koty