From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 19:55:20 -0500
Bill - you can see I'm a bit behind on the FML as well.....

Glad to meet you at the aFA show!

Pet shop housing - I feel the best way to display ferrets is in an all wire
care or cat condo behind a plexiglass wall/room.  Many pet shops have an
area they display puppies and kittens in, and that is where ferrets should
be displayed.  If a pet shop does not have such a room or area, ferrets
should still be housed in a wire cage, but plexiglass can be mounted to the
back, which is turned towards the public, so they can view the kits without
sneezing on them, sticking fingers in the cage, or having access to the
door.

Both you and the pet person you talked to have made good points, and this is
my best solution.  The next acceptable thing is the display case Marshall
Farms makes specifically for ferrets, but without the wood chips.

IMHO,
Pam Grant
Small Animal writer for The Pet Dealer