From:
Bongo50150 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 04:43:53 EDT
Hi Everyone...I have a couple concerns about my two ferrets and was hoping
that someone could help me out.  My one ferret Zoe used to have really long
whiskers but now they seemed to have disappeared and she only has short
ones.  She is shedding on her tummy (she has the famous "blue circles") and
her fur is growing back and was wondering if that would have anything to do
with her losing her long whiskers.  She already was shedding, especially on
her tummy, awhile ago and her fur grew back in but now she's shedding once
again.  I also noticed on my other ferret Tori that she had some fur missing
on the top of her head (from behind her left eye back to her ear) and that
their was little brown spots there as well.  I pointed this out to my vet
while she was already their for her distemper booster and he said to keep an
eye on it and make sure that it wasn't getting any worse and that sometimes
they can get skin problems.  I read that ferrets can get acne on their tails
accompanied by hair loss and suggested to use an antibacterial soap.  So I
figured what the heck I'll give it a try.  I washed her head a couple of
times and the brown spots have disappeared but she still has only a little
amount of fur on this one area.  I have never read anything about these two
problems so I thought that maybe someone here has went through this or could
offer some suggestions.  On a different note I went to the Baltimore Ferret
Show today.  I didn't enter my two fuzzies but still had a fun time.  I
haven't entered them in any shows yet since I want to learn alittle about
the shows before I do.  The Totally Ferret people where there and were
extremely nice.  They had lots of ferret goodies and some really adorable
ferrets were being showed.  I'm just sorry I got there so late and missed
most of the judging.  Better late than never right?!?  Anyway...if anybody
could help me out on the above questions it will be greatly appreciated.

Rebecca...On a ferret show high...Woohoo!
Zoe..."Oh where, oh where have my long whiskers gone..oh where, oh where
can they be?"
Tori..."Why does mommy keep picking me up and staring at my head?"