From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 23:59:57 -0500
Dear Linda,

Over the years I too have read about the the hundreds of McKids, and
the many, wonderful volunteers that helped make their rescue possible.
I'd say it was an amazing effort made by multiple ferret mum's and
dad's, but everyone knows that already, but I can say that each and
every McKid that was saved had and continues to have been given the
greatest gift of all - love.

Your Egger Kid knows this to be the best truth of his life because he
went from one of a massive business to one in a million who captured
your beautiful heart, and you captured his as well. I know because he
told me so one early August morning as I, along with many of the McKids
that are here, made our way, quietly to the Rainbow Bridge. Fireflies
lit our way, and there was a slight breeze in the air, and the only
sound were of our tiny paws as we walked, single file, down the well
lit winding path.

Normally we sing, or hum, or talk about our favorite stories about our
earth bound lives, but on this day we walked in silence. The reason why
is they remember how hectic it was when the rescue happened, and for
them, this silent walk in is memory of their past, as well as in memory
of all McKids both here at the Bridge, and there, still living in their
forever homes.

It gave me time to look back on where I came from, a time when my
sister and I left our mum at the same time, and found homes that were
well worth the wait. The same goes with DakotaDaton. He may have come
into the world as just another McKid, but he always had the highest of
hopes that he would eventually end up in a good, loving home. He used
to tell every McKid around him that one day it would happen for them as
well, and while very few believed him, in the end, he was right, and
everyone found a home. Some of them came here, some stayed there, but
where ever they ended up at DakotaDaton was right to keep and carry
the hope he was born with.

Once we arrived we could see the fireflies settled on and around the
Bridge itself. There were thousands of them, and it was beyond
magnificent. I have been stunned before, but not like this. I had come
with a business of about 40 or so, but when once we got there, I saw as
many ferrets as there were fireflies. It seems that the single dream of
hope for a better future that DakotaDaton had and passed on to each and
every McKid he encountered, was then passed on to each and every fuzz
it they met, and so on and so on.

In short, he's a hero. One handsome, pink-eyed, soft, white, furry hero
to many fuzzits up here, and now he is mine too. It is my hope that his
dream continues on, and that each and every ferret will one day be
gifted as DakatoDaton had been.

He is very glad you found his red teddy bear with the white hearts on
it, he left that behind so a part of him would always be there with
you, just as your love is always going to surround him while he is
here.

One day you will be reunited with all of them Linda, and I hope I will
be there to see that joyous occasion!

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah