Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:07:10 -0700
We have a situation that a husband and wife stationed here in Kansas
have two under a year ferrets. The husband has been deployed to Iraq
and the wife is moving back to Texas (Dallas area) to live with her
father. Her father will not allow the ferrets, he does not like them
and he has a dog. The wife wants to keep the ferrets, and is willing to
provide food and litter, and whatever else reasonably asked for to keep
her two ferrets safe and happy. She would like to visit them regularly
and could possibly help out at a ferret shelter. She said she is
willing to do what is needed to keep her ferrets.

Does anyone know of a temp home that would be willing to help her out
or have any suggestions? A home ferret shelter would be her second
choice. She loves her ferrets and wants to keep them but won't be able
to have them live with her till after her husband gets back from his
tour in Iraq and they get a place of their own.

If necessary, she said she can keep them for a month or two IF there is
a place for them in the upcoming months but remember that her father
doesn't like them and has a dog, and it could be difficult on everyone.

Please, if anyone can help her and her ferrets, it would be greatly
appreciated. I'm still battling pasteurella in my group and don't want
to expose them to it. And she would be too far away to visit regularly,
which means her ferrets would bond to me and my group and vice versa,
which would not be a good situation when she comes to get them in a
year.

She will be moving back to Texas sometime next week.

If you can help, please email Devon directly at

I will not have email access from Saturday evening till Tuesday
morning.

Please let me know if you are able to help her so I can quit worrying.

Thank you to all.
tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org