From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:39:08 -0600
>And now a personal note.  Between doing my work and much of the work for
>a dear friend while he needs it, and having influenza I am downright
>tired.  If people can't recognize that when someone is tired to the bone
>a little gentleness is warranted i will have to concentrate this portion
>of my energies elsewhere for a while just to give myself a break from
>uncalled for nastiness.

Waiting for someone to say "oh no we need you?"

Yes I am tired and hurting too.  I have lupus, chronic fatigue and severe
depression.  Yet I do not trot them out constantly as an excuse as to why
I seem hateful.  I own up to it.

And yep you guessed it right now is one time.  First you took a potshot
at me without mentioning my name awhile back.  Let's see, something about
me checking on credentials.  Bothering some dear friend of yours.

Why should it bother you when someone tries to check into credentials of
someone putting themselves forth as some type of ferret expert?  You
certainly do it.  You give advice etc telling folks when or not to talk
to vets.  Yet what degree do you have?

I honestly appreciate the time you seem to put forth in passing along
information.  You are doing a lot of grunt work, giving clues to where
information can be found.  I frankly don't have the time or inclination
to spend the better part of my days doing that.

Unfortunately, I have seen you and others speak with authority about how
to treat illness in ferrets.  That is ok, since you are an experienced
OWNER.  But you are a far cry from being trained and you need to realize
that when you write or present yourself the way you do, people will
assume you have some serious background into the subjects at hand.

I spoke in vague terms about Dr. Kawasaki simply because I had at best,
second hand recalled information.  So you took that as me slamming some
person I don't know.  I don't do that.  I have no doubt he believes what
he reported.  I simply said that for me, it isn't a big enough sample for
me to base a decision on.

I do hope you will be more careful in what information you pass along,
and in what terms you pass it along in.  Making a blanket statement about
the effects of something, when the truth is the heart of the matter is
still unknown, bothers me.  And if I recall correctly you have a
background in soft sciences at least, so you should know better.

If you want to act as a research assistant to this community, I applaud
you for it.  However, hold yourself to that.  And to the standards it
requires.

Blessings,
Margie