From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 22:50:51 -0700
This is the latest of recipes used to help my Timmy to totally recover from
"terminal lymphoma that had to the liver.  In the last two months two
different vets have said he looked like he had never been sick a day in his
life... I'm very grateful for this to many sources.

        Timmy's recipe, updated 8/9/96

The following recipe is shared daily by 8 ferrets, and is Timmy's main diet,
still.  He eats about 70cc/day.  Use smaller amounts as needed.  I
periodically revise this as my guys age to try & maintain maximum health,
rather than wait until a "crisis" and then panic.

1     jars (4oz.ea.) Earth=B9s Best organic Turkey Vegetable baby food
      (800-442-4221).
3     jars Gerber's Turkey Rice (all Gerber's is OK in a pinch)
2     tbl. Ferretone or organic flax seed oil
1     tsp. Brewers' Yeast (I use Lewis Labs brand, or other "debittered"
      type, for best taste)
1/8   tsp. powdered garlic, or a heavy "pinch" to taste.  (NOT garlic salt!)
6-8   cc Pet Tinic liquid vitamins  (Almost any vet, or Colorado Animal
      Health or Omaha Vaccine =4oz for less than $5.00)
1     capsules (contents) of 30mg. CoQ10
2     capsules (contents) of Lympho-Clear, by Enzymatic Therapy co.
      800-783-2286 or supplier in D), below; They contain extracts of;
      Red clover, Burdock root, Oregon grape root, Licorice, & Golden seal.
4     cc  500ppm Colloidal Silver (I only get from Silver Wings co.,
      800-952-4787 )
1/2   tsp. of Nupro's electrolyte powder labeled for dogs.  Their #
      800-360-3300, by mail.
1     tsp. of fine grain Kelp powder; Norwegian or Atlantic are high quality.
4    cc World Organic Ultra B complex,  liquid, in raisin juice!  From
     source in D), below;

2    tsp. "Greens+", by Orange Peal enterprises, 2183 Ponc DeLeon Circle,
Vero Beach, Fl.  32960, 800-643-1210.., or supplier in D), below.
Ingredients: Soy lecithin, Hawaiian spirulina, high pectin apple fiber,
barley juice, alfalfa juice, wheat grass juice, chorella, wheat sprouts,
sprouted barley malt, brown rice germ, natural vitamin E, dairy-free
probiotic culture, royal jelly, bee pollen, acreola berry juice, milk
thistle, Siberian ginseng, licorice root extract and flavor, astragalus
membranaceus, Echinacea angustifolia, licorice root, dunaliella salina, red
beet juice, ginkgo bilboa, green tea, grape seed extract, dulse, bilberry
extract.  (LOTS of anti-carcinogens)..  A 9.4 oz (267 grams) jar runs $34.79
here at the store in item D), Natures' Alternative.
     Optional:
1    tsp.  "The missing link" feline  supplement by Petscriptions, inc.
     800-774-PETS: 20% protein., 25% fat: Contains: Flax seed, sunflower
     seed, Blackstrap molasses, Primary dried yeast, rice bran, freeze dried
     liver, dried alfalfa, freeze dried bone, dried carrot, fish meal,
     freeze dried oyster, dried kelp, lecithin, taurine, spirulina, barley
     green, garlic and nettle.  I can also send you some if you can't find
     this.  The "human" version has no liver which "might" aggravate the
     spleen.  Concentrated non cooked liver in large quantities have been
     observed to cause this, but it is reversible.

To feed I use a 35cc "feeder syringe", also known as a catheter tip, that
has a larger opening.  I get mine from Colorado Animal Health, 800-235-2636,
in Longmont, Co.  My other 7 lap it up from a bowl.

Feed as much as they will eat, every 2 hours or so if sick & not eating on
their own.  I give this as a once a day supplement to everyone.  I consult a
vet with herbal experience, as well as certified DVM.  Prayer has been
proven to help by studies at Harvard by Dr. Dossey, as if most of us needed
"proof".

Additions:

A) If ferret is skinny, and / or not eating well, Deliver 2.0 high calorie
supplement (Mead Johnson=mfg.) from any pharmacy would be added to approx.
30% of recipe by volume, or feed directly as a desert.  [My Silky increased
her weight about 1/3rd in 3 weeks when I gave her a cup of recipe
separately, without the Deliver..  She and Timmy will not compete with the
others for food.] ANY pharmacy can order, some don't know unless you insist
they look it up!

B) If critically ill, I have used 5-10cc per ferret per jar of baby food of
Chei Shei herbal supplement, and offer a mix with 1/2 C.  water for them to
drink..  (This is presently out of production, but here's the ingredients it
had): Clover honey; The following extracts in purified water, Echinacea
angustifolia, Siberian Ginseng, Chinese red ginseng, black walnut hulls,
Licorice root, chicory root, hibiscus flowers, dandelion root, wood betony,
Scullcap, burdock root, Chinese cinnamon, alfalfa herb, elder flowers, red
clover blossoms, Echinacea purpurea, sarsaparilla root, astragalus root,
rose petals & buds, Ho-Shou-Wu root (Polygonum multiflorium), rose hips,
eyebright, orange peel, damiana, fennel seed, cloves, potassium
glycerophosphate, glycero borate, apple concentrate, monopotassium citrate,
vegetable glycerine, ascorbic acid (preservative), monopotassium aspartate,
lemon juice, natural black cherry flavor, lemon essential oil, grapefruit
seed extract.  Other herbal supplements could be used as your knowledge
would indicate.

C) If ill, I would administer colloidal silver individually as natural anti
biotic & immune system booster.  Depending on condition, have used .2cc up
to 4cc/ferret /day of 500 ppm, in single or divided dose.  I mix it with
maybe 5% clover honey if they don't like it straight.  The only brand I have
experience with, but seems to be the best in purity is Silver Wings,
800-952-4787 ..  They will mail out free literature, ask for Liz Smith, tell
her I sent you.  It is the only thing I've seen repeatedly shrink swollen
spleens.:)

D) If ill, I would add 1/2 capsule 2x/ day /ferret of Immuplex 4960 by
Standard Process Co.  that Dr. Dave McCluggage of Boulder prescribed for
Timmy.  This might not be absolutely critical as Timmy was 85% healed by the
time he got to Boulder, but he also said that the last 15% of the lymphoma
was most important to get rid of, as if he slipped backwards, it would be
much harder to beat the second time.  I also found it available at a good
health food store here in Scottsdale, "Nature's Alternative", 602-941-0733.
They will ship on a phone order.  They have LOTS of neat stuff, and quite
low prices.  Dr. Dave also Rx'd 1/10 th.  of a 30mg CoQ10 cap twice a day
for Timmy, as a general immune system booster.

E) Margaret & her ferret Stan have had a life saving recovery from ECE with
the addition of Viraplex, labeled for "immune system function and mucous
membrane health", 1 tab.  in 2 jars of baby food.  Her recipe can be had
from ([log in to unmask]).  Viraplex is available from Nature's Alternative,
above in D).

This is offered as research information, not a guarantee or "medical
advice"; Consult your favorite health practitioner as appropriate, etc.

Gary Holowicki;  800-209-1071;  (temp=303-678-9910)

                 Gary & the gang of fur ->

        Thru joining, their grief has been transmuted to joy,
        loneliness to celebration...

        ..Data, in "The Tin Man" episode, STNG.