Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:53:09 -0600
Well, due to a variety of problems in my life at this time, I am finding
myself in a bit of a dilemma.  I have to swallow my pride and (GULP) move
back in with my parents.  A daunting idea for a 20 year old who has been on
her own for two years!  Not only is this difficult in the sense that we are
all going to want to murder each other fairly quickly :), but it is also
difficult in the sense that I have four ferrets and two cats.  My parents
are being marvelous about the whole thing, and are accepting their human
daughter and furry grandchildren with open arms.  BUT, they have two furry
children of their own, of the feline variety.  Both very spoiled and not
used to other creatures.  They aren't going to be happy...I believe my kids
will adjust quickly, but their two cats may have a harder time.  I'm more
worried about my cats getting along with their cats than the ferrets
getting along with their cats, because I've brought the ferrets to visit
them before and it's been OK.  Anyone have any tips on assimilating this
group?  The area I'm moving to is Lansing Illinois.  It's a south burb of
Chicago, right by Calumet City IL, and right on the Indiana border.  I'm
looking for ferret people in the area too.  Anyone from around there?  And
anyone know of a good ferret vet in that area?  I'm hoping that, since I'll
be right by the big city, there will be some good vets to choose from.
Also, after I get settled in and find a job and have a set schedule, I
would be interested in finding a ferret shelter in the area and
volunteering some time.  Any takers?  Hope to hear from some people soon!
Thanks in advance!

Kristi (Kitchen Consultant with The Pampered Chef) and the Mad Menagerie:
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and Loki (Mustelid Mob of Mayhem)
        Boo (the cat) and Casey (the kitten)
(see the crew at:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093 )

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 194656 OR
by yucky AOL: My IM name is EmaniaE

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!