From:
Kim Crivello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:59:19 -0500
Dear friends:

Ferrets have unique needs and the Greater Chicago Ferret Association
(GCFA), as a no-kill shelter, ensures the proper care for its charges.
The GCFA, located in Lyons, IL, a 501(c)3 charitable organization,
has sheltered and cared for over 6500 ferrets through its shelter
since opening in 1987.

Over the course of the last 3 years, due to the downturn in the
economy, some ferrets with extreme health concerns have been
surrendered. An unintended result of our continued outreach has been
the rescue of 971 ferrets over the last 3 years. This has resulted
in skyrocketing health care costs which now exceed $ 15,000.00. Our
veterinary care provider, MidwestBird and Exotic Animal Hospital,
has kept its doors open to the GCFA throughout, and has continued
to provide care for those ferrets.

Since the GCFA relies upon the generosity of its members, volunteers,
fosters and adopters as well as the kindness of animal lovers
everywhere, we find ourselves needing to impose upon your generosity
to pay down this veterinary debt. Please help us reach our goal of
$ 5000.00 on 31 September by donating online at GCFA.COM
<http://gcfa.com/> or mailing your check today. This would greatly
assist the GCFA in continuing its mission to provide for ferrets
abandoned to its care. All donations are tax deductible.

Thank you for helping keep the homeless and abandoned ferrets healthy
and happy.

Mail your check to:
Greater Chicago Ferret Association
PO Box 3, Lyons, IL 60534-0003

--
Kim Crivello
Greater Chicago Ferret Association

Wherever a man turns he can find someone who needs him.
~Albert Schweitzer