From:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 21:25:24 EDT
This story is very weird but, I am still in awe at the event that happened
in my life last week.  So here goes,

Well a few years ago I went to the local pound and rescued a very old male
ferret, he was balding, and we averaged his age at 9 to 10 years old.  I
named him Geezer.  Geezer had his share of medical problems, adrenal,
insulmona, heart disease.  He had many friends here but he outlived them
all, Johnny Rebel, Skinny Minnie, Ricki Martin, so then he was alone again.
Then along came the famous Robin.  They became instant friends and Geezer
was happy again.  They even let another little girl Repeat, with lung
complications into their little family.  Well, last winter Geezer stopped
eating, he couldn't walk anymore, I knew it was time for him to meet his
friends at the Rainbow Bridge.  I still think of him everyday and laugh
at his bald butt walking around the house.  I aways said there will never
be another Geezer.

I was wrong.  I got a call from someone and e mails from people asking me
to go to the same pound where I got Geezer to get a ferret out of there.  I
was told he has adrenal and was old.  So last week I went and got him out.
It was Deja Vu.  When they brought him to me I almost cried.  He looked
just like Geezer, sweet as him, it was Geezer come back to me.

His name is Pops and he resides with Robin,Repeat, Slim Shady and a few
other new friends.  I have started him on Lupron and his heart is good.  He
is a bit younger, 7 years old.  Even though he is not Geezer I feel very
lucky to have another chance to love another old timer like him.  I always
felt that I never had enough time with Geezer, that he left me to soon.
Now I have another to love.  Robin seems happy too.

Thanks for letting me share this incredible story.  If you cut and paste
this link it shows Pops in the cage he was in at the pound.
http://www.deweyanimalcare.com/Download/images/110134.jpg

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter