From:
"Phyllis A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:42:49 -0500
I had hope back at her vets yesterday.  They did another set of x-rays and
a special blood panel.  There was no improvement in the x-ray and we don't
have the blood test results back yet and won't until Mon.

Her neck glands are very large and her breathing is very labored and fast.
I would guess it is twice as fast as normal.  As I think I have written
that the biopsy came back negative for cancer.  I am beginning to think
that it hadn't spread to the whole gland yet and they happen to take the
biopsy from the healthy tissue.

Has anyone out there ever had a growth that couldn't be diagnosed?

Besides the enlarged lymph glands, and the breathing she is sleeping all
the time in the cage.  I am now having to wake her up to eat.  When it is
play time, she walks around a little while investigating and then goes to
her hidey hole and goes to sleep.  Once in a great while she will have a
good play time and actually play a little, but this is getting further and
further apart.  Does anyone have any ideas.

PLEASE, ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE MORE THAN APPRECIATED.  I am so afraid that
the end is not far away and I feel so helpless, because I am not doing
anything to help her.

Phyllis and the four Wigglies, Faith, Hope, Charrity and Generosity