From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 12:06:48 -0700
While this is not as dramatic as the McKids rescue, for our small
shelter, it is pretty big. A woman in the Roseburg area took 15 ferrets
from a woman who was breeding them and didn't know what she was doing.
She was feeding them DOG FOOD!?! The woman who initally rescued them
asked that a ferret shelter take them to make sure that they will get
spayed/neutered. The woman who took them in is treating them for
coccidia and that treatment won't be done until May 12 or 13, so that's
when these ferrets will be transported to Eugene, and then to Portland
where they will be spayed/neutered.

While we get a very good deal on the desexing, it still costs money.
And, we still have to feed 15 hungry mouths to feed and use bedding
for. There are a couple of really healthy ones, but most are
underweight and maybe malnourished. The do, apparently, like Zupreem
food, but currently I don't have any of it.

If anyone can help out, please email me at [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] You can also Paypal [log in to unmask] if
you would like to help that way. If you would like to donate directly
to the vet who will be doing the spays/neuters, please contact Chris
Mathis for the name etc. of the vet who will be performing the
operations.

Please send donations to:

Lane Area Ferret Shelter and Rescue
c/o Melanee Ellis
323 Exeter Avenue
Eugene, OR 97404

I will make sure everyone involved receives whatever they need.

Thanks for all your help!

Melanee Ellis
Shelter Manager
Lane Area Ferret Shelter and Rescue
Don't forget the Ferret Agility Trials on August 30 in Eugene, Oregon!