From:
Pat Marquardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:34:23 EDT
Hi Folks!

I just thought I had to tell you of a little more recognition of
"outsiders" (those without ferrets) of our precious little fuzzies.  One of
my colleagues brought over a magazine called "Sallyport" which is an alumni
magazine from Rice University.  On the back cover they have a picture of
"Doofus" the ferret.  The caption reads, "Following the tradiiton of
electing unique homecoming royalty, the student body chose Doofus the
Ferret to wear the King's crown at this year's festivities." Cute little
sable - looks like my Bear.

My condolences to all of you who have recently lost your precious ones.  I
know how it feels now, my daughter recently had to put her Mugsy to sleep.
He was 8 1/2, blind, hard of hearing, skinny on top (backbone), but
distended insides.  The vet said there was nothing she could do for him.
He didn't seem to be in too much pain, tho.  He did have a problem
breathing and coughed now and then, too.  He's now crossed over the Rainbow
Bridge to be with his best pal Stinky.  We all miss him.  My cat, Jasper,
would play with him more than with Bear.  I know "J" misses him too.  He's
trying to put up with Bear jumping all over him, but it's difficult.  J
never did like Bear too much, probably because Bear was so much younger and
he couldn't get the best of him as he could with Mugsy.

At the Ferret Fiasco recently held in Edison, NJ, I bought a carrying pouch
and harness for Bear.  He likes it, so far, but we've only taken short
trips in it - downstairs to the laundry room and a little running on the
lawn afterwards.  I'm going to take him to the food market soon, see how he
likes that.  I'm trying to give him more attention so he does't keep
staring up at me with this "gee ma what can I do now" look.

Well, that's all for now.

Pat