Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 13:43:43 -0400
This is my first time posting to the fml.  I'm the one who adopted the NY
ferret found by the NY State Trooper on Wednesday, June 26th.  Tommorrow I'm
gonna take him to the vet for a check-up and shots.  He seems to be ok.  He
is **SO GENTLE**.  I can't believe someone could get rid of an animal like
that.  If he did get lost by accident, the person can e-mail me and we can
make arrangements to get this guy back home to his family.

I am speculating (I'm not a vet) and I think he has a problem either with
his back, hips, or his hind legs.  He doesn't bounce around like my other
two.  He uses his hind legs if he has to.  If he only needs to go a few
inches he kind of drags himself.  Otherwise he is curious, relatively
active, he just walks and runs crooked.  He has been eating like a pig.  We
gave him a flea and tick shampoo bath and removed about 8 ticks from his
head and neck area, saw some others wash away and spotted one(?) flea.  Now
he smells sweet.  Also trimmed those monster nails!  Other than that he's
great.  He's eating and drinking and his bm is getting a lot better (darker
and firmer).

We named him Lazarus (Laz for short) because he getting a second chance in
life!  Well, thanks to Gail for having a big heart and rescuing him from
certain death.  I'll keep you posted.  Gail, come and visit us, we'd love to
have you over.

If anyone has any clues regarding the back legs thing, please write.

Thanks again to Gail (horraay NYS Troopers!), and to everyone on the FML
- this has been a constant source of excellent information (thanks BIG).

--
Darlene Conklin, Rascal - 1yr old female Black Sable, Tozer - 6mo old
male Silver Mitt, and now Laz (the elder for sure)

http://www.pwrpage.com