From:
Denise Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:57:02 CST
This post is from The Ferret Mama.  I started with ferrets as a small
child.  My mother Lois Peddington has also loved ferrets her self.  Being
that I am in my 40's now you can say that the love has really grown.  We
take in ferrets from shelters and unwanted ferrets to give them homes.  My
mother over the years has helped me with my gang, some as many as 17 at a
time.  Many not in the greatest of health.  She would help me endlessly
caring and rocking the sick ones.  At times she would take the time to sing
to them.  To add comfort when they were scared from being neglected or ill.
She would talk of the Rainbow Bridge, there you will alway's be safe and
warm.  She has made many hammocks, blankets, & toys for them.  She would
come over not just bringing my children things but alway's remember my
little guys.  They would dance their famous War Dance for their treats.
They especially loved their twistlers she would sneak in.When Grace was
recover last week from her Adernal Surgery she was there.  She had made her
a new blanket and bed.When we losted a little one she would say a prayer
for them.  She would alway's say "the smallest of hearts can be the
biggest."  This week she ended making all new beds and blankets.  She had
not been feeling to good.Each stitch she carefully added her touch of love
and She never layed her needle down till she was done.Her body weaken this
last week but managed to sing a few more songs and rock a few more guys.

Sunday,as I layed the new blankets in their cages.  I watched them snuggle
and see that they were safe and warm.  Thinking of all the love my mother
has taken to give them a happy home.  Being that my mother tired so easily
she layed down to rest.  Her material still by her bed waiting to make some
more blankets.  She loved her guys so much like she loved life.  My mother
passed away in her sleep.  I know these guys have come to love her.  She
was a True Ferret Grandma.  I know in my heart she'll be holding all the
little ones till their owners are with them again.

I so truly miss My Mother and Thank Her for all the Love and care her so
unselfishly gave....
A Ferret Mama
Denise P. Davis & The Furface Gang