Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:29:19 -0800
Sandee,

I've sent an angel to you tonite who has gone before her time.  I
actually think she had little devil horns, but her brave passing
deserves a recognition.

Zoomie came to me a year ago with a serious bite problem.  This was the
first ferret I had to use gloves to handle.  We eventually learned that
Zoomie just had way to much energy and needed to wear it out.  Biting
was her form of communication and we had teach her better ways.

Zoomie always challenged us at ferret proofing.  There wasn't anything
she could get into, onto, or under despite our best efforts.  We chose
not to have a Christmas tree this year because we knew it would be either
undecorated by Zoomie, or decorated by her presence in the tree.  Tonite
we opened up our sliding glass door which has a screen door behind it.
Zoomie must have figured out how to open it.  We suddenly heard screaming
coming next door and a dog barking.  I looked over the fence to see
Zoomie gallantly holding off a dog much bigger than herself.  Our
neighbor ran out and got the water hose out to get the dog away from
Zoomie, and Zoomie dashed to the side of the house.  Unfortunately as
soon as we could get to her, she had already passed away.  Apparently the
dog had bitten her one good last bite.

We discovered that her brother, Hannibal was also missing.  He was later
found and is currently in the emergency room fighting for his life.  We
think that Hannibal and Zoomie may have protected each other from the
dog, and I had seen Zoomie's last stand.  Ironic thing is, they didn't
always get along with each other when at home.  But apparently Zoomie had
defended her brother to her last breath.

Please give Zoomie a warm welcome, and lots of Ferretone.  She has
deserved her angel wings.

Chris