From:
Kathy Nelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:13:17 -0500
In regard to the posts about ferret images, I agree that the t-shirt
transfer paper for inkjet printers works very well.For best results, an
image that is printed large for use on a t-shirt, should be scanned in at
300dpi or higher resolution.However, I don't recommend ironing it on.I
have a printing business and have printed ferret t-shirts for the last 6
years using both silkscreen and heat transfers.Before I purchased my print
shop I tried once or twice to iron on a transfer, but found it difficult
to produce a good quality image.We have produced a ferret clip art CD and
on this CD we instruct our customers to take the transfer to a print shop
or t-shirt shop, and have it professionally applied with a heat press.Many
of the print shops I know of charge anywhere from .25 cents to 2.00 per
shirt.Heat presses can be used to apply an image not only to textiles,
but to metal and ceramic surfaces as well.

Kathy
http://userdata.acd.net/ferret