From:
Melissa Furash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:02:02 -0400
Hi all, I just got my third ferret (Snoopy) and I am amazed at the
difference between my girl (Meeko) and the two boys (Percy and Snoopy).

Does anyone else have boy ferrets who sleep hanging out of the hammock.
When I first got Percy I thought it was just his personality, when he's
playing he always seems to be in mid-air.  Now Snoopy does the exact same
thing.  He hangs with his head on the shelf under the hammock and his lower
half in it.  My girl always sleeps curled up in the exact middle of
whichever bed she chooses.  I worry because Percy has fallen out of the
hammock so 3 times last night I had to gently re-arrange the babies so they
would be safe.

The other thing I've noticed is that Meeko knew right away that raisins were
GOOD.  Percy at first wouldn't touch them (but he sure does love them now)
and Snoopy kept his jaws firmly closed when I tried to introduce him to the
well-loved snack item.  I'm not worried, when he sees the others enjoying
I'm sure his curiosity will kick in.

What a joy, ferrets dooking and playing. We had absolutely no problems with
introductions. Percy took one look at the little fellow and said "Lets PLAY"
and while Meeko doesn't play as much (she is a Princess after all) she will
cuddle with him at night as long as he comes to her.

Ferret-math...you gotta laugh.  If this keeps up I am going to be buried in
another few years.  My SO says 3 is enough but ofcourse with 3 one's left
out...Maybe 4???

Keep on dookin

Meeko, Percy and Snoopy's Mom (the person formerly known as Melissa)