Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:17:54 -0800
I am going to sell him due to the fact of all the other family members.
The bird makes any noise at all then people are upset.  My two daughters
are used to him and understand when he makes noise.  But the other half of
my family doesn't understand him.  He is not necessarily a noisy bird, he
just knows how to get the point across when he wants something, although
I have not figured out the noise for when he hears the tractors drive by.
This is the best parrot, he is great with the kids but I feel he would be
happier with someone who doesn't have people mad at him for making any
kind of noise.  It is either keep the bird and find a new family or find
the bird a new (better) home and keep the family (sometimes I would rather
do the first choice).  I really think that if his next owner pays any
attention to him he will be fine.  He is a real people bird.  I have a
friend who owns a pet store and he kept him there while I was getting my
divorce and moving.  The bird loved it with all the attention he was
getting when I thought he would be upset for being moved.  He has not
really bonded with one person and I think it is due to there are so many
of us here (me my other half and seven girls)that spend time with him.  I
think had he bonded to one of us it would be a different story.  I also
plan on letting the person know that if there are any problems whatsoever
I would take him back.  And I would like to have the first offer should
she want to sell him.  I do this with all of my animals and with the dogs
I raise this is in the contract and I fully expect them to come back here
should the buyer decide they don't want them any more.  The bird was never
a mistake, peoples lives just don't stay the same.  We have tried to make
it work with the bird.  We have talked about getting rid of the bird for
well over a year now, closer to two years, so it has not been a lightly
made decision.  He is a good bird and he needs a good home, not one where
kids are yelling at him to shut up.  And don't think that there wont be
tears from me or my two girls when he goes.

As for having the ferrets, I have done quite a bit of research.  I know
that they will be a lot of work but here on the farm that is what we are
used to.  I am not just jumping into it without thinking about the what
ifs.  I know they are mainly for the kids but we are willing to jump in
and take care of them if the kids start slacking.  I know that they are
going to be my girls but they are also going to be part of the family.  I
have a funny feeling that ferrets, work wise, will be about like bringing
in the baby pigs, sheep and goats to raise until they are weaned.  If not
a little easier.  The one baby pig can generate a load of laundry a day.
We are a big family that is very animal oriented.  And I think we would
really enjoy having a ferret, unless they are loud enough to make your
ears ring.

Sorry this is a little long but I had received some good emails and some
that made me feel like I should defend my ideas.  This is not something
that we have just decided over night.

Molly
Wilson's Feed and Stock

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SuburbanSt/wilsons-feed-stock/index.html