From:
Kathleen Hourihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 17:23:16 -0400
Hi all!

I just recently (Saturday) got a new fuzzie, a S.P.C.A.  rescue.  WE
actually picked her up from the guy's house (we know someone who works at
the S.P.C.A., we picked up the ferrets and he picked one up from our house)
and it was so sad.  he was giving them (two tiny albino girls) up because he
didn't have enought time for them.  They were in an almost rusting cage with
a cracked plastic bottom, almost too small for a rabbit.  They had dirty
shavings and an old blanket.  They were filthy, with long nails and there
were bugs in the cage!

WE took them home, bathed them and cut their nails, put them in our cleaned
out (normally un-used [Charlie has free roam]) cage.  (their cage went out
on the deck, and is still there, until garbage day).  WE kept one, and our
friend picked up the other to live with his two fuzzies.

We named our little girl Pixie.  Pixie went to the vet, and is ok except for
being a little undernourished and having earmites.  (boy, she hates those
drops!) Anyway, I've read the FAQ, but I don't know how I can get Charlie to
adjust to her.

We've had Charlie as an only ferret since he was little, have had him for
two and a half years.  He is terrified of Pixie.  he is almost twice her
size, but whenever we put them together, she sniffs him, and he sniffs her,
then he gets this scared look on his face and runs away.

If anyone has any suggestions on getting him to be un-afraid of her, please
e-mail me privately, or post (but I think this has been much talked about
already).  I've tried switching bedding.  (Charlie has free roam, she's
still in the cage.

Thanks!