From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 21:13:44 -0700
Is it possible for a ferret to have an infection in the wall or lining of
the urinary tract that does not always consistently show bacteria?  I took
my little Espie in for another urinalysis tonight, and the vet saw some
blood in her urine and he thought possibly, but not certainly, that he saw
some bacteria.  So he's culturing it.  Both this time and the last time that
I had her checked, she passed bloody urine after she got home, which I
assumed was because she bled a bit when they used a needle to draw a urine
sample.  But now I'm beginning to wonder if there could be anything else the
matter and if the bacterial infections might be secondary.  It certainly
seems to take a lot out of her to go in and be tested.

        Linda and Espie (I get scared going to the vet)