From:
Jason Kryska and Cheryl Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:00:50 -0800
I figured I may as well post this openingly, so that if anyone else has
concerns about cleaning their Fuzzies teeth, this might help.

Our Jack has some difficulty with the construction of his lower jaw,
making it so that his lower fangs protrude and have made holes in his
upper lip.  He isnt in pain but after talking to a Vet who specializes in
Ferret Dentistry, he suggested feeding all our ferrets Feline T-D.  This
food is to be used as treats (a couple a day), as Feline T-D doesnt give
the ferrets a balanced diet, but the way the kibble breaks up when chewed,
scrapes the plaque from the teeth.  How this works is as the Ferret chews
the kibble, it works over the tooth til it reaches the gums, and only then
breaks apart leaving no sedment behind.

You should be able to pick Feline T-D up at your vet's office, or have
them order it in for you.

As for brushing, I brush Jack's teeth every couple days and the other kids
if they will let me.  Basically I use a small soft toothbrush with some
cat toothpaste on it, and let the ferret gnaw away on the brush, instead
of me actively trying to move the brush around.

Hope that helps
Cheryl and the kids.