Date:
Sun, 02 Oct 94 21:38:40 EDT
Howdy!
Recently, a FML'er wrote:
>Frankly, I've not seen much footage of adult polecats, although there was
>a nature show about european polecats a while back, but I'd guess that
>domesticated ferrets exhibit play characteristics in excess of those
>shown by their wild compatriots.

A show on Discovery channel less than 6 months ago (I'm sorry, I cannot
remember the title, but it is a new nature show that focuses on endangered
issues) discussed many relatives of our fuzzies in the wild.  One was the
ermine, which goes into an absolute frenzy after a kill.  It literally jumps
and runs all over a small area, like the familiar "weasel (sp?) war dance" we
all know from wet ferrets, only faster and more energetic.  It was hilarious!
 Also, it was presented as an ordinary behavior of adult ermines.

Just food for thought,
Kelly & Michael, the Feline Furries and Ferret Fuzzies