From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 04:46:09 -0500
Alicia,
I don't think that ANYONE will get all bushy tailed because they didn't
receive a thank you note.  Although it is the socially "proper" thing to
do, sometimes there are extenuating(sp) circumstances that just make it
impossible to send them,( such as yours)

You thanked them by E-mail and that, considering everything you've had to
go through, is more than enough.  Besides, most people who donate funds,
or time, or do charitable things for the shelters,(or anything) or for
the ferrets directly, don't do it for the thank you note, they do it for
the ferrets and
1 The warm fuzzy feeling they get when being able to give back to the
ferrets who have made their lives so happy.
2. The good feelings they feel in their hearts when they realize just
how much their donation has helped the shelters and the shelter parents
who bust thier tails, all for the love of these amazing fur-creatures we
adore.  We are the ones who should be sending you thank you notes.

You have been through Hell and I am so sorry to hear of your mom's
passing.  It must have been so very hard for you.  My mother died when
I was a child, but I still remember the feeling of a hole inside me, a
strange feling of emptiness..  That pain must be multiplied by 100's for
you.  When my father died, the only thing that gave me even a little bit
of comfort was that he was now free..  Released from the pain of a
failing body.  Honestly though, words can;t repair that empty hole.  It
just takes time, (that is such an over-used phrase.but it's true) one
day, a long time from now, you'll be going about your day when you
realize, Hey, I only cried once today.

I find, in my heart, that it is always so much more heart wrenching to
see a person, who has done so much for others.  One who has given so
much of their time, and soul, for the benefit of others, in this case
YOU Alicia ., especially to your babies.  It's hard to see these kinds
of people have to go through so much pain and heartache, when they have
given so much of their heart to make others happy.  It's as if they don't
deserve the pain they;re going through, they'v been so kind and generous,
Always giving to others.  And although we try to comfort them, there
reallly is nothing we can can do to help, except be there for them,

Alicia, we have never met, but my heart breaks for you..  You will be in
my thoughts and prayers.  I know that your fuzzies will keep you going.
They have a way of doing that!  Speaking of ferrets.and of thank you
notes which was one of the reasons I wrote to you., now I am the one
sending you one.

Thank you Alicia for being a shelter mom.  Thank you for taking such good
care of these babies even though you were going through so much emotional
turmoil and pain.  It sounds to me like you are very, very dedcated to
these fuzzies and the shelter.  For that, I thank you with the biggest
thank you that I can possibly send,

God bless you.  You will never be far from my thoughts.  And again, I am
so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.

Dooks & Hugs to You
Sue Pyron