Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:03:39 -0600
We're Baaaaaaaack! And ready to party!

          The Alberta Ferret Society of Calgary
 .... is please to announce the original and only...
               Frisky Ferret Fun Run!

Sunday, June 23rd, 2002
Fort Calgary Historic Park
750 - 9 the Avenue SE
11 am to 3 pm
Rain or shine!

For the second year in an row, this fundraiser aims to be a ferret pleaser
while being fun for the whole family!  Come out and enjoy the wonderful
antics of ferrets in the outdoors!  See them compete to be the first to
cross the finish line in our Fun Run Obstacle Course!  Wiggley, squirmin',
war dancin' weasels of all ages, shapes, colours and sizes, will be given
the challenge to ignore all of their favorite play distractions... clear
tubes, bags, squeaky toys and more!  If you've never seen a happy ferret,
now's the chance to see them up close and personal!

The Alberta Ferret Society and its dedicated group of volunteers would
be "merry mustelids" if you would dust off your shoes and your ferret's
feet, and join us!  Many photo opportunities will be available... but
bring your fastest lenses... these fuzzy long bodies move pretty fast
and they re unpredictable too.

Don't have a ferret but wish to participate?  You can still collect
pledges!  This year we're offering Rent-A-Fert... call and book a ferret
for the day, collect pledges for the run (your rental fee!), and on the
day of the event one of our foster ferrets will be there waiting for you!
These special fuzzies need to dust their feet off too and this gives them
a a great opportunity to join in all the fun and an opportunity to find a
new prospective family.

Can't be there on the day of the event?  No problem!  Collect pledges as
if you were going to be there, and drop them off the day before the event!

If you're interested in participating, please e-mail me and I will send
you out a pledge sheet so that you can start collecting pledges right
away.  There will be food and prizes, but best of all, some of the best
damn ferret antics you'll ever see!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Betty Janner
Interim Spokesperson of Calgary