From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:16:47 -0500
Hi Friends,

Here I am! The most beautiful Blossom all in my thick winter coat!
Momma asked me to relay a sincere THANK YOU to all the shelter friends
that helped us by buying tickets for the raffle fund raiser. The funds
raised are helping to buy oil for the furnace to keep us all warm and
snug-- some how the winter came a little late and now that we are ready
for Spring it is CHILLY!

Well,as usual, things have been pretty busy here. Momma wouldn't let
me help get the newsletter mailed but she got it done . If anyone has
moved and not given her your new address- she won't go lookin' for ya
so you better let her know what your new address is!! Marla Wadsworth
and Amanda Logsdon sent a shelter donation but the thank you cards came
back-- so Marla and Amanda , iffen you are reading this, Thank you -
and please send us your new address.

It took Momma the whole weekend to stuff and address 300 newsletters
and she probably spelled something wrong in it,but with working with
the new kid Barn-y she thinks that it did alright jest to get finished.

Barn-y was back at the vets last week where they did more checks and
took lots of blood. Barn-y has a few problems so he cannot go anywhere
for a while Dr Winnie said. Barn-y has low albumin and low red cell
counts so the folkses will be working with him.. he also has funny
poops which could be IBD, or stress colitis, or intestinal cancer. Poor
Barn-y now the folks are kind of understanding why he is not gaining
much weight. Still he is doing better! Martins shipped off a cage
topper so he will have a New Englander cage to live in while the folks
doctor him up that will come in handy as he is keeping Koda aka Elric
company right now though Barn-y sleeps a lot of the time.

We got some nice new furry lined sacks the other day from a santa that
was busy over the Holiday -- they are really nice and we are having a
nice time snuggling in them on the cold days! Thanks Santa! Next week
several older kids get their lupron shots and on Feb 23 our shelter
tech Skyla, a Certified vet technician and who also is a famous singer
in a Boston based Band (Temper) will be up. I like her ! That always
gives us lots to do when we get our shelter friends in for a change of
scenery ( not that we are bored with Mom mind you). Plus now shelter
Mom has her CD so when we go to the vets we can hear her singing.

It was another tough week here as Hospice MOm Judy lost some special
kids last week-- Bling one of the 2 NH flood ferrets she had been
caring for ( the family still does not have their flooded out home
replaced - and finally found some lodging in January all are jammed
into a small 4 room house/ cabin) got very ill last Weds. They rushed
him to Dr George who initially said he had a cystitis and kept him
overnight- On Thursday just after Mom left money at the vets office
following her legislation appearance-- Bling took a turn for the worse.
So Hospice Mom Judy and 11 years old Josh & his Mom Deb rushed up.. at
the same time Hospice Mom Judy had Christians cat George and Judy's
ferret Irina at the vets... George was unable to walk-- Irina was found
to be full of lymphoma so three more special critters found their way
to Rainbow Bridge on Thursday night. Momma sure hopes that the bad
start on this year is about done now!

We got to play in a big tub of snow the other day-- it sure was cold...
we jumped in and then out and waited for it to melt on the shelter
floor... that was most fun.

Momma has a few nice things on ebay for those thinking about filling
Easter ferret baskets:

RARE SEASONAL POTTERY MUG  ends:  Feb-27-07 18:05:24 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180088235427

Ferret Design Note cards   Ends:   Feb-27-07 18:05:25 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180088235440

Clear Ferret Tube   Ends:   Feb-27-07 18:05:21 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180088235409

MYSTERY GRAB BAG SLEEPER   ends:  Feb-27-07 18:05:27 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180088235451

RARE FERRET PRINT - Ready to Frame  Ends:   Feb-27-07 18:05:26 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180088235447

and the ebay store has lots of magazines, tee shirts and other goodies
which help pay the bills for electric, oil, vets, food & more
http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Kolor-shop

Stay tuned - I will be back again to let you know how all of us is
doing!

Blossom, spokesferret
www.ferretwise.org