From:
"Pasquali, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:55:10 -0500
I just completed my first adoption last Friday.  I adopted a fabulous
sable girl about 1 year old.  Here's the problem.  After getting
aquatinted with my apartment and her temporary cage, I decided to
introduce her to my other three fuzzies, one at a time.  The first one
being my 2 1/2 year old cinnamon male, Cyn.  Well at first there was the
usual sniffing then my new girl started jumping on his back biting him.
He eventually got fed up and put her in her place.  I figured it was a
domination 'thing'.  After that they got along just fine., so I introduced
her to my 6 month old albino female, Chessie, about 20 minutes later.  No
problems.  After that came Bermuda, (the only one I was worried about)
she's a 9 month old blaze female.  Well they started going at it right
away.  I figured it was that dominance 'thing' again.  But it is constant.
My new girl avoids Bermuda, but Bermuda goes out of her way to attack the
newbie.  After a day of playing I tried to put them in one cage, well
they slept, Bermuda woke up later found my new little girl sleeping and
proceeded to attack her.  I tried spraying bitter apple on the new girl's
back but it does not seem to have worked.  I next plan to try Ferretone if
I can find it.  Do I just douse her with it?  Any other suggestions?  My
new girl is wonderful, a real people ferret, and I just want them to get
a long.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave, Cyn, Chessie, Bermuda, Cyberia (at the bridge causing havoc no
doubt) and definitely the newbie