Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:27:49 -0700
Hi, some of you may remember me.  I recently lost all three of my ferrets
to what was thought to be ECE.  However, the preliminary necropsy on the
last to die doesn't support that diagnoses.  (Pathology report still
pending) I am in the process of bleaching all their cage parts and
accessories but I'm not sure what to do about the blankets and hammocks
(machine washable items) and the carpets in my home.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation?  Any tips or suggestions
for thorough cleaning of my home following this tragedy would be greatly
appreciated.  Also, how long should I wait before bringing any new ferrets
into my home?  Sure is quiet without them around.

Thank you for all the support and encouragement many of you gave me during
that most difficult time.  Ferret lovers really are a "special breed"

My warmest wishes to you all....

Cindy
(Ferretless in Wyoming)