From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:03:53 EST
First I would like to thank everyone who responded on how to mask the taste
of Flagyl so Butch would actually take his medicine.  I am still in the
process of trying to answer everyone privately but my computer at home
still isn't working after 3 weeks so it's difficult.

I took Butch back to the vet on Friday and the first thing we did was
reduce the amount of Flagyl from .  5mm to .  3mm.  We took another poop
culture but also did a CBC and two X-rays.  Butch also got another 100cc
sub-Q fluids and an antibiotic injection.  All of his tests have come back
negative.  There is nothing out of the ordinary for a fuzzy who has had
chronic diarrhea for almost two weeks.  Butch and Maggie have been eating a
modified "duck soup" consisting of chicken baby food, baby bananas, baby
rice cereal, and Ensure.  They still have their TF available but I am
finger feeding them.  Butch just lies in his hammock like a KING and
licks the goo from my fingers.  Maggie at least moves toward the dish!
No spoiled ferts at my house.

We still don't know what caused this to happen and we may never know.  I
suspect it may have been the excitement of meeting new fuzzies at the
frolic and a long day traveling.

Thank you again for all the support I received from everyone.  It meant a
great deal at a difficult time for us.  You are truly a kind and generous
group!

Connie, Butch, and Maggie (do you think she'll stop monitoring us now,
can't a fert get a little privacy)?