From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:42:12 -0800
In June, Tessa had surgery.  She had her spleen, left adrenal, and a
little of her pancreas removed.  I was told her pancreas had cancer, but
there wasn't anything we could for her, except give her something to help
her digest her food, if she started having problems with that.  In Oct, I
felt she was still losing fur, so I took her back in, expecting the right
adrenal was cancerous.  It looked fine, but they removed a 2 cm tumor
from her pancreas on Oct 31.  For the last couple weeks, I thought she
was losing weight, and still losing fur, so I took her in again, thinking
we needed to up her prednisone dosage.  It turns out now she has liver
disease.  I assuming that means the cancer has spread there, as well.  I
know this causes them to waste away, I'm wondering how much longer can I
expect her to be comfortable?  Day?  Weeks?  Months (hope hope hope)?
She's still eating and drinking normally, and her stool looks good.
What can I expect?

Sue
Trina
Tessa