Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:11:59 +0800
>re: common diseases in animals other than ferrets:

i am not sure of the exact name, but I have heard urinary tract infection
(?) is fairly common in cats.  my mother's cat died from this....

apparently it is due to being fed too many dry biscuits / wrong sort of
dry biscuits.

speaking from personal experience, i don't know much about cat health &
diseases because i have never had to learn about them, as all my cats
have run away / got lost.  perhaps i know more about ferret health /
diseases because i am more careful in keeping my ferrets safe, and am
sure i will be looking after them for their entire life.

maybe so many other things can so easily happen to cats (or dogs) that
diseases are not such common knowledge (as opposed to getting hit by
cars / lost / run away / etc)

shona