From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 20:24:48 -0500
Hello to all.

Thanks to all who replied so promptly concerning my Snoopy.  She is doing
better again, since yesterday.  Hopefully now she will continue to get well.
I printed out all of my replies and took them to my vet.  Even though she
did not come right out and say, yes it is an ulcer, she at least agreed to
treat Snoopy as if she had one.  At least I feel better (and I know Snoopy
will too) knowing I am doing all I can instead of letting her die before my
eyes.  I was feeling pretty helpless but you folks have given me hope that
she will recoup and put the weight back on.  You all truly are a blessing -
a very special people indeed.

I consider myself pretty lucky having the vet that I do.  She may not be up
on Adrenal Disease but she is willing to accept (and appears to appreciate)
the info that I bring her (I supply her with an updated FAQ every time a new
one comes out).  She belongs to a Veterinary forum (I forget the name) and
she goes to lectures once a month.  A week from this Wed.  the lecturer is
Sue Brown from Chicago (anyone know of her?) and it will be entirely on you
guessed it, Ferrets.  She is actually looking forward to it.  Knowing what
some of you go through, we may have our moments (Snoopy's case for example)
but we are lucky.

So, Snoopy is continuing with her duck soup (with a few ingredients added,
including Amoxy and Chlor Palm) and is already getting her energy back.  It
is a good thing that she enjoys it because we would never be able to force
feed her - she just gets majorly stressed out.  She is weird in many ways.
She doesn't really want any other ferrets around, she doesn't play (God
knows we've tried) and we are gone a lot of the day because we work.
However, I do believe she is lonely.  Have any ideas on how to fill this
hole for her?

Tryntje Miller                   Net:[log in to unmask]
Conrad Grebel College Library    Tel: (519) 885-0220 ext. 239
Waterloo, Ontario                Fax: (519) 885-0014
N2L 3G6