From:
Jessica Woodward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 22:49:55 -0500
Hi all...

Well, we finally did it!  Mi fiance and I went out shopping tonite, with no
intention of buying a weezil, and came home with a new albino.  We went into
this pet store, and she was curled up in a dirty towel, with no food in her
dish or anything.  Long story short, Daryl fell in love, and I felt bad
because Daryl missed Legend so bad.  So, I bought her.

Well, we did not think anything was wrong until we got her home.  We gave
her a bowl of food, and she devoured it!  I mean frantically, like she was
absokutley starving!  And she was extreemly vocal as well.  We didn't notice
her drink, though.  Then, We went to give her a bath, because she was so
stinky, and the water litterally scared the piss (and shit) out of her.  We
have had ferrets do that before when they are not used to baths.  But, she
peed green!  And, her poop was real thick and black like tar!

Well, naturally, we were very upset, but also glad that we got her out of
there.  We are going to get her to a vet as soon as possible, but I am
wondering, could it have been that she was just dehydrated and starving???
Her pee was even thick-ish when I cleaned it up.

I am very unhappy about her condition.  I can't get her to stand still long
enough to look at her marks on her ears to find out where she came from.
What should I do?????  Please, anyone who has dealt with this, e mail me
back directly, especially vets....

Thanks again,

Jess, Lady(who is most unhappy), Squid (who has no idea what is going on) and
Nikita (our baby!!:))